Well no matter because i will teach you the Basics to becoming a Good Teammate
And Not some Heartless Bast*** like some people.
So With Out further A-do, Lets jump in to Chapter 1: Basics!
And to help you do so i’ve arranged a list of Do’s and Don’ts
- DO- Help your teammates recover from incapitations. Remember a dead teammate is of no use to you or your team.
- DON’T- Hog Health items. When you do so, you are not only cutting off the teams fitness, but your making yourself look like an a** while doing it.
- DO – Share Health items. Unlike the one you just *probably just read, sharing health items will help your team speed wise and keep them away from death as well.
- DON’T- Leave behind your teammates behind. Leaving a teammate not only handicaps you, but it gives the infected a higher percent of killing you all off.
- DO- Wait for injuired players. This means anyone below the orange health bar, or anyone who just got back from being down.
- DON’T Teamkill your teammates. Every so often a bullet miss fires and hits a teammate which is ok, since you can just say sorry. HOWEVER Team Killing is VERY DIFFIRENT Team Killing not only marks you as a TK, but as a troller that should be kicked from the server immediately.
- DO- Save Teammates from Sp.Infected. This includes Smokers, Hunters, Chargers, And Jockeys.
- DON’T- Run from the tank. Everyones effort is needed if you are to take down the tank, so don’t run from it.
- DO- Avoid the witch unless told otherwise. On harder difficultes, Witches can take down an entire member in one swipe so you’d best avoid her.
- DON”T- Run ahead of the group. One thing in every horror movie is that YOU ARE GOING TO DIE IF YOU GO ALONE. So don’t.
- DO- Stick with the group. You are more protected from the infected as a team so stick together.
- DON’T- Take Health Kits from teammates that have low health. This includes on the field or in the saferoom. So don’t take it, other people need it more then you.
- And finally DO- Try to be an overall good person. As it reflects on your rep and anyone else in your game.
[Please Read The Following.]
+ Can actually comunicate unlike AI
+ May know of techniques that the AI might not know
+/- Their skill level, depending on which variable you were expecting.
+ Doesn’t have preset weapons and has a broad amount of choises.
+ They actually use Throwables (Pipe Bombs, Mollys, etc)
+/- Trust Level- Others might leave you while some might help you.
+/- Health Hoggers- Depends on type of person
– Might be a troller that will TK you and your entire team
– Rushers- In other words, They will ditch the weak.
– New Players- Not that they are bad, its just that they won’t know what to do like everyone else does. *Very Rare Case.
-Finale Camping- Meaning once they are in the extraction, the will not move from the extraction.
We Then Have,
+ Has Aimbot abillity
+ Will always follow one of the players
+ Will Help players regard less
+ Will heal players in critical states.
– AI can’t pickup Throwables
– Ai have a preset of weapons that they will look for.
– Slow- This is more shown in gaves of 10 v 10
– Horrible Jockey Killers.
– if you are in a specific location while incapped, AI will just stare at you.
- Hunters- They are the main predators to thoses who travel alone or rush *See Chapter 2 Capable of killing of a teammate that has rushed far enough into the map. Stick together to dispatch of him quickly.
- Boomers- Quite the easy ones, they don’t hurt you as much and have low health. However they make up for this with their bile that can attract all the infected toward you. Engage at long range. if in Close Quarters, Shove then shoot.
- Smokers-Smokers like to play it easy and hide on the rooftops while dragging your team to god knows where. Should be Eliminated on sight. Use Sniper Rifles to dispatch of him at long range or SMG’s or AR’s in Close range. Shotguns are also a good choise.
*Edit: If the smoker is strangling you in particular locations. The AI will simply watch the life drain from your eyes until your neck eventually snaps -ChronicLag
- Chargers- Capable of knocking you entire team down like bowling pins, these guys are no joke, unless the miss the charge. Use heavy weaponry on the charger and avoid death zones (Clifts, Rivers, Windows in the hotel, etc)
- Spitters- Just like the boomer the spitter does little dmg to you with the melee and has low health, but she makes up for that with her acid spit, making her besties with the hunter, smoker, charger, and witch. She can also blow up finale gas cans on the ground delaying your escape.
Quite easy to dispatch, however DO NOT LET HER ESCAPE as she might help the other infected.
- Jockeys- Probably the most annoy one of them all, the jockey has the abillity to lead you anywhere, AI’s are also dumbfonded by the jockey letting it ride on you until your incapped.
Rules of Engagement differ for this one.
If in a Single Player Game This Sp.Infected is your top priority
If its in a Co-Op Game This Sp.Infected can be taken down by shoving the player or by shooting the jockey.
- Witches-This weeper is actually quite easy to take down if you know how to kill her, however messing up will result in an incapp or even a death in higher difficulties. Shooting her in the back with a shotgun is the most effective while the most risky way. This is also known as Cr0wning.
- Tank-The tank is capable of wiping your entire team out if you don’t know what to do.
Consider lighting him on fire with mollys and shoot him using shotguns or assault rifles.
Snipers are also a choise.
You don’t need them, however having them will help you and your team survive
Crowd Control- Mostly equipped with shotguns, these guys can tear down common and Sp.infected like flash paper. Loadout is mostly made up of:
– A Shotgun *Auto is the best one for this class
– A Melee *A baton for that max damage
– Throwables *depending on the situation.
– A Health Pack
– And a Adren.Shot *for that fast heal
Pointman- Pointmen are usually the ones that lead the team through the entire level or event.
Mostly uses Assault Rifles. Loadout is mostly made up of:
– A Assault Rifle *Rifle depends on the players choise.
– A Deagle or a magmum pistol
– A Pipe Bomb
– Health Kit
– And Pills
Marksman- Rarely found on the battlefield, these players tend to stick to long range by using their sniper rifles to pick off enemies at a distance. Loadout is mostly made up of:
– A Millitary Sniper Rifle
– Duel Pistols for that encounter
– Bile *Mainly to attract infected
– Health Kit
– None *Unless in a critical state
Scouts- Mainly eqiupped with SMG’s or the hunting rifle, These guys like to stick to the run and gun tactic. Loadout is mostly made up of
– Mac 10 or Hunting Rifle
– Melee *like a katana or another sharp weapon
– A Pipe Bomb
– A Health Kit
– And a Adren Shot.
You don’t have to use these, but instead find your own loadout and stick to that.
However defibrillators are mostly skipped mostly because of the hero closet being in the game.
Defibs are very usefull in specific maps however and should be taken with care.
How you play during the finale will either improve your reputation as a good player or will mark you as a bad player. A list fo what a good and a bad player does can be found below.
Good Players do:
– Follow the leaders orders
– Contibute to Tank Killing
– Contibute to Gas Finding *on specific maps
– Leaves no one behind
– Communicates with teammates
– Does not “Solo” the finale
*refers to helping no one but him self.
– Plans locations of propain tanks and gas cans
*Works on maps like No Mercy and Dark Carnival
– Does not lead the team astray
*Meaning Stick Together
– Does not waste random items
*Such as Health kits to throwables
– Overall saves everyone
While Bad Players:
– Do not listen to orders
– Runs from the tank instead of contributing to kill it
– Shooting Finale Gas Cans
*Note: if its on accident, its an accident. Not on purpose.
– Ignores incapped teammates
– Does things on his own before consulting others
*Such as throwing a moltov at a tank near a survivor
– “Solos” the finale
*Rushing the finale, Mostly seen in The Parish
– Leaves temates behind
– Waste Health packs on himself instead of others
– Overall Screws the team over
And while these might be my opinion on some players during the finale, Please take note that not everyone is a bad player and if they are ask them to stop or vote kick them.
Well then be sure to check out the workshop and subscribe to some of the stuff thats on there, that way you’ll be able to increase the replayability of the game itself!
- Note- No one but you will see your skins and such.
Until The Next Guide, See yea!