[TUTORIAL] For Newbies – Play Backup Games
Tutorial – PS3 v3.55 Kmeaw’s Jailbreak by mikhael (that’s me)
(This tutorial allows you to play backup of your original games)
ATTENTION – Do not upgrade the firmware of your PS3 to v3.56 or higher!!
It must be in 3.55 or lower!
Spoiler– Playstation 3 (obviously lol) + controller + power cord from the controller (any USB cable will do).
– Computer operating system Windows XP, Vista or 7. (or any other OS that can format USB drives)
– USB drive with at least 512MBs and formatted in “FAT 32”.
Instructions for formatting a USB drive in “FAT 32”:
Spoiler1 – Insert the USB drive into a USB port on your PC.
2 – Now open “My Computer” (Windows OS).
Locate the USB drive, press the right button of your mouse and select “Format …” (a window will appear).
3 – Click on “File System” and select “FAT32”.
4 – Make sure that the “Quick Format” is active. And click “Start”. Then just wait for it to format (it is possible to give an error but ignore it if present).
5 – Let’s create two folders on the root of the USB drive, one named “GAMES” and another named “PS3”, inside the folder “PS3” create another folder named “UPDATE” (it is important that the names are in “Caps Lock”).
Instructions to verify the version of the PS3:
Instructions to update the PS3 to the official version 3.55 (if already in version 3.55, go to step “Instructions to update the PS3 to version 3.55 ‘CFW'”):
Instructions to update the PS3 to version 3.55 “CFW”:
Instructions to copy (make backups) games for the PS3 hard drive:
Instructions to copy the games from the PS3 hard drive or the game disc into a USB/external drive (which will also need to be in FAT32):
Instructions to copy the games from a USB/external drive to the hard drive of the PS3:
Spoiler1 – Insert the USB/external drive in the USB ports on the PS3.
2 – The manager will automatically recognize the game(s). Repeat previous “6” of before.
Instructions for starting a game:
Spoiler1 – Make sure that you have a original game inside your PS3.
2 – (inside the manager) Select the game you want and press (the manager will go out automatically).
3 – Go up (where it should be the original game) and you will find the selected game. Press and play it
Instructions to block $ony’s queries for your console info:
– This tutorial is not aim promote in anyway piracy. Use this knowledge on your own bought games. I believe that we should be able to copy our digital media, in order to protect it from wear, scratches, other problems or even to enhance your gaming experience. (confirm if your country allows you to do private copies).
– With a CFW, you can not go on PSN (for now at least).
– There are people who are complaining that this tutorial didnt work for them (they all jumped steps). Do not skip steps. Follow all instructions.
– To see if your game its compatible with this CFW, see this list that contains all the games playable on Kmeaw CFW (and how you should play them, on the internal hdd, external, etc):http://www.pshomebrew.net/wiki/PS3_B…atibility_List .
I want to thanks the hacker “Kmeaw” for his customized PUP.
My thanks also go to “Deank” for “Multiman”.
And since we’re in thanks time … I think i deserve it … because I had the patience to create a tutorial that is understandable to any “computer layman” : p
References & Sources (1)